Since the launch of Impossible Burger 2.0, demand for the Impossible™ has skyrocketed across the board -- from large chains to neighborhood restaurants. Long-term, this is a fantastic sign for every restaurant that sells Impossible Burger. As we ramp up production to meet this unprecedented growth, however, some of our foodservice partners may experience shortages.
What’s being done to increase supply?
We’re working 24/7 to expand production and have taken the following steps to address the situation:
- We hired a new senior executive with extensive manufacturing experience. Sheetal Shah has spent more than a decade scaling up tech companies to achieve breakthrough growth, and we’re confident he’ll do the same for us.
- We announced $300M in new investments from blue-chip global investors as well as high-profile individuals. We’ll dedicate a significant amount of funding to increasing production quickly -- and our long-term growth strategy.
- More than three dozen employees from our headquarters in Redwood City, CA, are taking on temporary assignments to increase production at our plant in Oakland, CA. In addition, we’re recruiting for numerous job openings.
- We’re adding a third shift, and plan to install a second production line to double capacity. We anticipate that the second line will be fully staffed and ramped up in the fall.
- We’re optimizing efficiency at the plant -- including changing our formats to maximize the total amount of pounds we can produce. We’ll be temporarily producing only 5-pound bricks, and suspending production of patties -- which will enable us to decrease downtime and increase output. We do recognize this is a significant switch for some of our foodservice partners, so we’ve created culinary tips for turning bricks into patties.
We anticipate that our efforts to ramp up production will double our current production rate by the fall. For now, we’re monitoring the situation closely and will continue making adjustments where we can to provide relief as soon as possible.
We’re 100% confident we’ll get through this. We have a supply chain that’s highly scalable, no fundamental or insurmountable supply-chain constraints or fundamental bottlenecks and strong support from our partners and investors. We have and will continue to invest in rapid, steady growth.
What can I do if I experience a shortage of Impossible Burger?
We’ve put together a collection of resources with resources and materials to help you navigate a potential shortage, answer your customers questions and make the most of each brick of Impossible Burger.
As always, we’re here to support you! Reach out to us at email@example.com with any questions.